These breadsticks are easy and fun to make. The beetroot juice is rich in vitamins and gives them a colourful and tasty twist. I love coating them in Herbamare® Original seasoning salt for a salty taste. My parents used this herb salt a lot. ”
- Makes 12
How to make Beetroot Breadsticks
1. Pour the beetroot juice into a large bowl and add the fresh yeast, Herbamare® seasoning salt and grated parmesan, keeping the yeast and salt at opposite sides of the bowl.
2. Next add in both the white and wholegrain spelt flour and mix well.
3. Cover with a tea towel and leave the mixture to rise until doubled in size (approx 30 minutes).
4. Once the dough is ready, roll it out into several strips, on a floured surface.
5. Shake out enough Herbamare® seasoning salt to cover a plate and roll the strips in the salt to coat them.
6. Place them on a lightly greased or lined baking tray.
7. Preheat oven to 400°F and bake for 10 – 15 minutes (depending on thickness) or until lightly browned and crisp.
8. Serve & enjoy.
Lets see how yours came out! Be sure to tag the picture #AVogelRecipes on Instagram so we can see!