1.Chop the chocolate as small as possible and place it in a heat-safe bowl
2. Pierce the whole pepper in several places with a paring knife. Put the heavy cream in a small pan, add the pepper and bring to a boil.
3.When the cream comes to a boil, turn off the heat cover the pan and let the pepper steep in the hot cream for 20-30 minutes.
4. When the cream is spicy stir in the Spicy Sea Salt, and bring it back to a boil. When it boils, carefully pour the hot cream through a fine sieve, into the bowl over the chopped chocolate.
5. Cover the bowl and let it sit about five minutes to melt the chocolate, then stir until the chocolate and cream are completely mixed, smooth, and glossy. Don't over mix or the chocolate may break.
6.Cover the bowl and chill until the ganache is set, but still soft enough to scoop and roll, about 20 minutes.
7. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and sprinkle a light dusting of Spiced Sea Salt on the parchment.
8. Scoop small balls of ganache with a teaspoon or melon baller, roll them gently in the palm of your hand to shape, and set them on the prepared tray.
9. When all the truffles are shaped sprinkle a dusting of Spiced Sea Salt over them and refrigerate until firm.
10. When truffles are firm roll them in the dark cocoa powder and transfer to an airtight container.
Truffles will keep, refrigerated in an airtight container for a week. They are best served at room temperature.