Quinoa & Black Bean Mexican Burgers (Vegan & GF)
To make burger:
- 1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch ground cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/3 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp light olive oil
- A.Vogel Herbed Sea Salt®, to taste
- Red onion
- Gluten-free burger buns
Spicy Guacamole Dip..
A simple guacamole recipe made with avocados, tomatoes and chilli flakes, this delicious dip can be made in minutes.
How to make Quinoa & Black Bean Mexican Burgers (Vegan & GF)
1. Wash & drain the quinoa and place into a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to the boil and then simmer for around 20 minutes, until the quinoa is clear and cooked then drain fully.
2. Place all ingredients except corn into a food processor and whizz up. Leave a little chunky for texture.
3. Place the burger mixture into a bowl and mix the corn in. Pop into the fridge for 25 minutes.
4. Form the mixture into burgers and place onto baking paper. Pop the burgers back into the fridge for 10 more minutes.
5. Coat a large wok/pan with light oil and heat on low.
6.Cook the burgers for 5-8 minutes on each side until brown & crispy. Place the cooked burgers onto kitchen paper to remove any excess oil.
7. Make your burger by adding a slice of lettuce onto a bun, along with tomatoes, red onion, guacamole, salsa and sesame seeds...
This recipe is full of goodness
- Contains all the essential amino acids
- Good source of the B vitamins
Quinoa is higher in protein than other grains and cereals. Protein is necessary for tissue growth and repair. Quinoa is also a good source of magnesium, a mineral important for nerve and muscle function.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?