Healthy & delicious recipes from A.Vogel
Hummus with jalapeno sun-dried tomato and red peppers (Vegan & GF)
Hummus with jalapeño, sun-dried tomato & red peppers (Vegan & GF)
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 4 tsp of Tahini paste
- 1/4 cup of Jalapeños
- 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 red pepper
- Sprinkle of A.Vogel Herbed or Spicy Sea Salt®
How to make Hummus with jalapeño, sun-dried tomato & red peppers (Vegan & GF)
1. Drain the chickpeas and rinse.
2. Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and whizz up until smooth, creamy and combined.
3. You can add more lemon juice if you want it to have a stronger citrus taste. If you would like it creamier, you can add in more olive oil. Either serve immediately or keep in a sealed container in the fridge for a few days. I served mine with a sprinkle of dried basil and chopped up sun-dried tomatoes.
This recipe is full of goodness
- A good source of protein
- High in dietary fiber
- Rich in iron, manganese & folate
Chickpeas are a tasty vegetarian-friendly source of protein. They are also rich in dietary fiber, which helps to prevent digestive disorders and they can boost energy due to their high iron content.
Want more delicious recipes straight to your inbox?
HOT RECIPES FOR BARBECUING!
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE RECIPE BOOKLET!
We’re getting barbecue season underway with extra hot and spicy recipes for a complete BBQ:
Click here to download
veggie burgers, spicy wedges, fancy jalapeños, chilli corn on the cob and two sauces.
Watch the video
The making of A.Vogel Herbed Sea Salt
Healthy & nutritious dinner ideas